of MS are a small town family owned cockapoo breeding kennel located in central Mississippi. Our goal is to provide families with a lasting companion to have mutual love and care for within their home. We've got over 20 years of experience with cocker spaniels, poodles, and cockapoos.
The reasons we breed F1 cockapoos as opposed to other breeds:
- They are hypoallergenic, meaning they shed very little and are a very good breed for those with allergies.
- They are a smaller breed dog with our mix of miniature and toy poodles.
- The mix of cocker spaniel and poodle gives the cockapoo a more robust health.
- They have above average IQ. Cocker spaniels are known to be very sweet and attaching type pets. The poodle is very reputable for his/her high IQ. This makes for an outstanding family dog.
- They are a very playful and patient dog, well suited for families with children or other dogs. They also tend to be extremely submissive. If you have small children that tend to be a little rough, then a cockapoo is one you can more easily trust around that child.
- F1 cockapoos are a 1st generation cockapoo that guarantees a 50/50 mix of pure poodle and pure cocker spaniel. Anything other than F1's will be heavy on the poodle or cocker side. For example: F1b's are a mix of a cockapoo parent with a poodle or cocker spaniel parent. You will get a 75/25 mix and therefore have much more of poodle or cocker spaniel. It's our opinion that if you're looking for that, you'd be just as well off getting a pure bred of one or the other as opposed to a cockapoo.
All of our cocker spaniel and miniature and toy poodle dogs come from 1-2 kennels we have a history of working with and that are highly reputable for producing healthy champion sired pedigrees. Most all of our dames and sires are already registered with AKC or CKC. We keep all of our dogs up to date on immunizations and deworming and they are all socialized at our home with our 3 children who range in age from 4 to 8. We use a vet less than a mile from where we live for all our puppy and adult dog needs and would be happy to provide you with their name and number upon request for reference. Please take the time to read, look, and enjoy the pictures and information on our site and Contact Us
should you have any questions.